New York has 6, but Barcelona take the top spot
A dramatic, dimly lit haunt in Barcelona has snagged the top spot for World’s Best Bar of 2022, based on a new ranking of the World’s 50 Best Bars.
The top prize this year went to Paradiso in Barcelona, according to The World’s 50 Best Bars, an annual list that celebrates the best in the international beverage industry. First published in 2009, it provides an annual bar ranking voted on by 650 beverage experts from around the world.
Located in the El Born district of Barcelona, the speakeasy offers imaginative cocktails and bar bites. The bar, boasts of offering “a universe of temptations” with a “surprising, almost supernatural decor, a space where one does not need to imagine, the unimaginable is real, a place of pleasure without thought “.
The ins and outs of sake:What is Japanese liquor and how is it made.
Pizza:Discover the 50 best pizza places in the United States, ranked by Italian pizza experts: NYC leads with 9
This year’s edition of the World’s 50 Best Bars was unveiled Tuesday in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, at an in-person awards ceremony.
Second place went to Tayēr + Elementary in London, for the second consecutive year and Sips, also in Barcelona, took third place.
The United States topped the list with seven wins, with New York taking six spots in 2022. Florida was the only other state to make the list where Cafe La Trova in Miami clinched 21st place.
London was the second city with the most winning bars (five), followed by Mexico City with four and Barcelona with three.
Other special awards include the Ketel One Sustainable Bar Award (Little Red Door in Paris) and the Altos Bartenders Bartender Award (Colombian owner and founder of Alquímico, Jean Trinh).
Vandalism in the Vatican:American tourist asks to see the pope and smashes two sculptures in the Vatican
The 50 best bars in the world 2022
50. Bulgari Bar, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
49. Lucy’s Florist, Stockholm, Sweden
48. Bar Benfidditch, Tokyo
47. Employees Only, New York, USA
46. The Antique Shop, Naples, Italy
45. Galaxy Bar, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
44. Carnival, Lima, Peru
43. HIMKOK, Oslo, Norway
42. CoChinaChina, Buenos Aires
41. Cantina OK!, Sydney, Australia
40. Red Frog, Lisbon, Portugal
39. Place Firenze, Florence
38. Zuma, Dubai, UAE
37. A bar with shapes for a name, London
36. Dante, New York, USA
35. 1930, Milan, Italy
34. Overstory, New York
33. Manhattan, Singapore
32. Baltra Bar, Mexico City
31. Line, Athens, Greece
30. Swift, London
29. Maybe Sammy, Sydney, Australia
28. Argo, Hong Kong
27. Tres Monos, Buenos Aires, Argentina
26. Sidecar, New Delhi, India
25. Kumiko, Chicago, USA
24. Tropic City, Bangkok, Thailand
23. Satan’s Whiskers, London
22. Attaboy, New York, USA
21. Cafe La Trova, Florida, USA
20. Baba Au Rum, Athens, Greece
19. The Awkward, Athens, Greece
18. Floreria Atlantico, Buenos Aires, Argentina
17. Coa, Hong Kong
16. Drink Kong, Rome, Italy
15. Salmon Guru, Madrid, Spain
14. BKK Social Club, Bangkok, Thailand
13. Hanky Panky, Mexico City
12. Jigger & Pony, Singapore
11. Handshake Speakeasy, Mexico City
10. Alquímico, Cartagena, Colombia
9. Kitten Katana, New York, USA
8. The Connaught Bar, London
7. Two Schmucks, Barcelona, Spain
6. Double Chicken Please, New York, USA
5. The Little Red Door, Paris, France
4. Licoreria Limantour, Mexico
3. Sips, Barcelona, Spain
2. Tayēr + Elementary, London
1. Paradiso, Barcelona, Spain
The World’s 50 Best Bars list is owned and curated by William Reed, the group behind the World’s 50 Best Restaurants.